Method of Use
Patients select an answer from the following scale for each activity listed:
- Extreme Difficulty or Unable to Perform Activity
- Quite a Bit of Difficulty
- Moderate Difficulty
- A Little Bit of Difficulty
- No Difficulty
The patient’s score is tallied at the bottom of the page. The maximum possible score is 80 points, indicating very high function. The minimum possible score is 0 points, indicating very low function.
- ↑ Binkley JM, Stratford PW, Lott SA, Riddle DL. The lower extremity functional scale (LEFS): scale development, measurement properties, and clinical application. Phys Ther 1999;79:371-383.
- ↑ Rehabilitation Measures Database Lower Extremity Functional Scale http://www.rehabmeasures.org/Lists/RehabMeasures/DispForm.aspx?ID=1113 (accessed 24 Mar 2015).
- ↑ Fillechaud. Scoring the LEFS. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CDhRMZCWQ4